- The Ontario Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Contractors Association (ORAC) has Collective Agreements with Local 787.
- The Local 787 bylaws and the UA Constitution extend full authority of the JTAC to establish, amend and supervise the provisions of the Apprenticeship Standards.
- The Joint Training and Apprenticeship Committee (JTAC) provides education through apprenticeship and continued programs to the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) industry.
- The JTAC is appointed as a Local Apprenticeship Committee (LAC) by the Director of Apprenticeship as provided in the Trades Qualification and Apprenticeship Act.
- JTAC is responsible for the administration and operation of all apprenticeship training and journey person upgrading programs offered to the membership of Local 787 of the UA.
UA Local 787
- United Association HVAC and Refrigeration Pipefitters Local Union 787 represents over 3,500 members throughout the Province of Ontario.
- The work they perform is in the air conditioning, refrigeration and mechanical systems industry.
- This includes ICI construction, residential construction and the service & maintenance sectors.