Required Courses

Contact your local Board of Education to find out about adult, eLearning or self-reliant courses that can be done on your own time for low to no cost.

Search ‘online learning’ for high school credits in Ontario for more Ministry of Education accredited online institutions.

In addition, the required courses can be taken via the ACE (Academic and Career Entrance) program, which is offered at many accredited colleges in Ontario. The courses may also be taken for free. The Grade 12 English, Grade 12 Math, Grade 11 or 12 Physics and Grade 11 or 12 Chemistry courses in this program are considered equivalent to the required OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) courses.

Please note the high school course requirements are mandatory and proof of completion of these courses or their equivalent is imperative for this program. If you are missing any of these requirements your application will not be accepted.

Foreign Credential Assessment Services

For those educated outside of North America, when indicated, original documents plus an official translation in English or French must be assessed by an official assessment service recommended through the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC), a unit of the Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC), and referred by Human Resources and Development Canada:

  • The Province of Ontario – Official Document Services
  • International Centre for Assessment Services of Canada (ICAS)
  • World Education Services (WES)

Driver’s Licence

Service Ontario – Obtain your Ontario Driver’s Licence and related information.

Please note that a valid G driver’s license is one of the mandatory minimum requirements for this program. If you are missing this requirement your application will not be accepted.

Canadian Social Insurance Number

Service Canada – Obtain your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and other Canadian documents.